Purchase a gift voucher

  

Do lesbians use strap-ons?

Do lesbians use strap-ons?

The topic of strap-ons  is one that raises many questions both inside and outside the lesbian community. On the outside, many myths concerning the use and the reasons for using a strap-on abound, while within, the debate usually surrounds whether or not penetration is something that works for you and of your preferred sexual behaviors. 

According to a survey entitled "Your 15 Favorite Ways To Make It,” a total of almost 59 percent of respondents said they integrated strap-ons into their sexplay on a regular basis. Interestingly, strap-ons came in ahead of the use of vibrators, which only had 55.5 percent of the vote. Today we are going to shed some light on this often-times rewarding addition to your sexual existence and who it can work for.

The myths 



First up, let’s deal with some of the myths and confusions that surround the use of strap-ons. Many wonder(admittedly mostly men) why, if lesbians don’t enjoy sex with men, do we incorporate a simulated penis into our love-making. The answer lies in the distinction between sexual behavior and orientation. However it seems we also enjoy the feeling of penetration, particular when it is coming from a woman. A good example is oral sex. You can receive it from either gender, but you probably prefer getting it from one rather than the other. 



Who does it work for? 

The survey mentioned above reveals that more lesbians enjoy the use of penetrative sex toys, such as a strap-on toy, than dislike it. However, the reasons are usually fairly individual. Many report disliking the way a strap on looks but enjoy the feeling of penetration. This explains why dildos such as the Dildo Five  focus on features such as comfort and stability over providing a visual copy of a penis. Wet For Her strap-ons are non-realistic eliminating the feel of making love to a men whilst having the benefit of penetration. Others enjoy the unique feel and experience that comes with the use of a strap-on rather than a regular sex toy dildo and report finding the flow and movement of thrusting as deeply erotic. 

Who does it not work for? 

Well, while 59 percent is a majority, it still leaves 41 percent of lesbians with little to no interest in strap-ons. The survey mentioned above placed strap-on sex-toys at number 6 in the rankings. The reality is that there are a large number of ways to enjoy sex as a lesbian and some of them don’t involve any kind of penetration. Also, the level of physical exertion that goes into using a strap-on may play a role, particularly if you are thrusting from above and supporting yourself on your arms. Studies report that lesbian couples enjoy sexual encounters that can last for up to one hour on average, while sexplay that involves a lot of physical stamina can put a natural cap on how long you can go for! 

Conclusion 

Strap-on dildos are not for everyone but they can be a fun way to incorporate new roles and rhythms into your lovemaking. Check out our selection of non realistic strap-on dildos and see if anything takes your fancy! 

0 Comment